Wednesday, September 5, 2012

quickie or nothing!

Blargh, had to renew my tabs this morning, so that ate up a bunch of my writing time. Not to mention that most times I'm easily distracted anyway! Stupid internet. Anyways... back to whatever.  I have to rush this one, and, while I hate rushing things, I want to make sure that A.) I'm taking this seriously and B.) I can make this a habit. In order to do that, I basically have to just keep trying. I've been pretty successful so far with my fitness stuff, and it's starting to become routine, so I'm hoping that this will continue to be routine as well. I did really well yesterday with it, but today is meh. Also, my keyboard is really loud. I hate that. I should probably get a more silent one. It's not like I use all the stupid bells and whistles on it anyway. I tried the gel keyboard, and while it is quieter, it's also hard to hit the keys and it turned out to be a lot more frustrating than it is. Partially this might be because I bought the cheap version of it. That should teach me a lesson.

I had a weird dream that was SAT-AM based. Sonic and Sally were in this weird factory and apparently Buttnik was drilling for oil but kept hitting the "magma core" of the planet, causing lava to rise up and basically destroy everything. After waking, I was like, What the fuck! That doesn't even make sense. Why would he purposefully drill into magma knowing it would ruin his machines. Either way, Sonic and Sally were trapped by lava and there was a bit of water, but it was just turning it into steaming lava. I have no idea what they were doing deep down in there anyway, but it's hard to tell with me. It's been a very long time since I last had a dream about that universe. Feels like centuries. It was also odd that April wasn't anywhere to be found. I'm expecting her to pop up because I've been working on her with my therapist. Funny enough, that's the last mental thing that's "wrong" with me. Once I'm clear of it, I'll be all done. It's good in a way because I could use the extra money, and bad because I will miss Pamela. But I know it's a great thing to finish therapy and be back to normal again. Pamela said I'm in a much better place than I have been, and I have to agree. It's been a long while since I've had this many good things going for me. Not to mention the new job that's actually a writing job.

Speaking of which, I had to go and update my Linked-In to reflect that. I meant to do it over the weekend, but things got really busy with PAX. It's all done now, so I'm very happy about that.

Yesterday went very well in my job. I started training with Lisa and I'm really confident that A.) this job is exactly what I needed and wanted, and B.) I'm going to do very well and end up improving my own work as a result. I'm also excited that we'll soon be able to put our own names in the credits for the third-party games. It makes sense. A lot of the reason these games are good is because we're a part of the production team for them. We spent tons of time on them, and it definitely matters for writers to be able to have your name in the credits, as it's your only way of "proving" that you worked on something. That was definitely a selling point for me when I took this job.

Also, at PAX I was super excited when James from Extra Credits said game writing is Narrative Design, and now I'm beginning to see that I'm on the right path if I want to go on to other things. I can work on my craft here, perfect it and maybe eventually move on to a AAA studio - like SEGA! YES! WOOO! That would be the best thing ever. Me being a narrative designer on a Sonic game. Can you imagine? ME?! OOOH-HO-HO-HO! Pardon the sudden Dr. Warpnik there, I have trouble reigning him in sometimes... most times... lol. FISH! *SLAP* Anyway, I like that I can pretty much write whatever I want in here. It's very freeing to not have to worry about anything and I can just write and write and write and write and write! WOOOOO! Sonic is teh zaw-some-sorz! Yeah, can you tell I'm in a good mood? Because I certainly can, hahaha!

I really want to write some more, but I also really have to go. I want to keep my fitness committment and tomorrow I should be able to write more since I won't have another stupid bill thing to do in the morning. Anyway I should go because it's 7 and I want to catch the earliest bus I can into work. I'm just glad that Lisa is pretty flexible with my time, hooray! Anyway, my only concern is that I'll be tired again. I haven't been sleeping too well, and I'm not sure why. I think it's mainly my bed situation. I need a new pillow for my poor little head. I'm thinking about getting a memory foam one, as that seems like what I need. I need more support and my one pillow is basically a flat sack of feathers, hahaha!

Anyway, good-bye to all or me, I'm not sure which, and I will be back more to write tomorrow. Huzzah! FREEDOM FIGHTERS FOREVER! Watch out for snakes! Also, LAVA! HAHAHA! :3

I'm proud of myself for not glomping Sonic and dragging him off somewhere, as much as I'd like to <3 I can't help it, he's hot <3 <3 <3 <3 Anyway! Bye. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment