Monday, September 10, 2012

Phlegm-flamming!

*cough* *hack* * phlegm* Yuck, yuck, yuck! Guess who's still fighting off a cold? It's me! I'm really hope I'm nearing the tail end of this. I want to get back into my regular routine and start exercising again. This weekend I was feeling even more yuck, but for some reason I pulled myself out of bed rest and hung out with friends, including Patrick from OKCupid. I guess the date went okay, but I'm so infatuated with the idea of going out with Dan, that I'm actively trying to think up reasons why it's not working out. Blergh. I mean, you seriously can't beat a guy that loves Sonic Games. It is a huge part of who I am. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way... I also had Tori and Jonathan over yesterday. I met them at Everfree Northwest (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Convention). I ran into a bit of scheduling trouble because writing JAMS was at 7, but I didn't anticipate them coming so late in the day - partly just because we didn't email back and forth quick enough, and then we started a Mouse Guard RPG (actual pen and paper one) and that took a bit longer than I thought it would, lol. Plus we ate some dinner, cheese pizza and tomato soup from Safeway. I did manage to drag in for a bit and report myself to JAMS. I have to admit, I'm feeling really guilty about it because I've missed so many lately. It's not that I don't care, it's just that things keep getting in the way. At least I've been able to keep up with my morning pages.

And I also went on my Artist Date on Friday. I went to the Dollar Tree near Grocery Outlet and Petsmart. I bought: an inflatable dinosaur (diplodocus), a crystal growing kit, a sheet of beach stickers, one of those wooden peg solitaire games that I love from Cracker Barrel (EG-NAH-RAY-MOOSE!), and an adorable crow with black feather accents (he was in the Halloween section, hahaha!). Overall I had a lot of fun, and I basically let little Joanie go crazy. I tried to get things that I had an immediate reaction to, like: OMG I WANT IT! Because that's how little Joanie is.

Blerp, got distracted. Blargh. Not doing so well with the morning pages today. I seem to be super ADD about all of it. I'm also not sure what I want to do for my artist date this week. I guess I have the rest of the week to think about it. Maybe I'll just treat myself to a movie night or something. Either way, I'm sure I'll think of something given enough time to think about it.

I'm worried about Miss Kim. She's giving up her fishie and her kitty. She says she's alright, but I do worry about her. I couldn't imagine giving up the Duchess or Kusanagi (my fishie). I know why, it's because she doesn't think she's doing a good job taking care of them. I really just wish that she would work a little bit less and play a little bit more. I really like that Isaias and Zach were like "GO HOME" on Friday. That made me feel a lot better about working in this group. They're concerned about my well-being and not just the work that I do. Man, I love Big Fish so much. I really hope I can get Tori hired on. I'm going to look into her application today if I have some time (or tomorrow most likely) and see if I can figure out the status on it. I hate bugging about it, because I know how HR is. Ours is notoriously slow. I really hope they give her a shot, because I know she would do a great job. She's a very kind person and I could see her being a great CSR. Plus, she's practically a part of our culture already, lol. I just really want to help them succeed. I remember how hard things were for me when I first moved up here. I've totally been where they're at before. It can be really discouraging. God, would you do that for them? And give Tori the opportunity to work at Big Fish? Feel free to trade it for something good of mine. I've had a string of good fortune lately, and I would love to see it get spread around.

I guess I should head out soon. Fangamer's retrowear kickstarter is going really well! I'm thinking about buying two hoodies lol. I've put in $125 so far, but I'm thinking about kicking it up to $170 so I can get four shirts and two hoodies. Especially because the next one is PK Love and I freaking love Mother 3. I have no idea what it will look like, but I'm hoping for Sunflowers,  Hinawa, or Claus on it. :3 I was hoping they would put out an update this morning, but they will probably have one for this afternoon. I really hope we can make it up to 110K. At this rate, I think we will. It feels like a lot of people are getting four shirts and then just adding on pledges for more things. That's what I'm doing anyway, and it seems to make the most sense. I thought about 450, but I really don't have enough room for that many shirts, lol. I know, like I have room for 4 anyway XD, but they're MOTHER shirts. And two of them are direct cosplay shirts: Ness and Lucas. I hope they make a claus one too, lol. I bet that would take a bit longer to do. They have the pattern, they just need to figure out the colors. Either way, I want Ness and Lucas. I identify with both, although definitely leaning a little more towards Lucas, because I was that kind of kid. I wrote a little bit more here than I thought I would lol, but I do need to go, especially because tonight is DnD night. I really hope that I can get over this cold by the end of the week. I also hope that I'm not making anyone else sick, but I guess that's how colds are. There's not much you can do, and at any rate, this could be a much worse cold. I always think of the Vancouver one and that makes me feel better. At least it's not that bad, I say, and that makes me smile. If I can make it through something like that, I'm golden!

I half want to call in sick though and just take a day off to relax. I'll just have to settle for getting home ASAP and resting in bed. I did a pretty good job yesterday morning. I watched about 6 episodes of Sonic (all three shows) and that was very relaxing. I should do that again sometime. Maybe I'll hang out with little me and watch some Sonic the Anime lol. I love that movie. It never gets old for some reason.

Anyway, time to get to work, but I'm glad that I sat down to write this. I really want to work on my RPG this week, so we'll see how that goes. I'm going to at least take my lappy with me. I think. Anyway! Bye! Mew, mew, mew! Meep!

No comments:

Post a Comment